ZaGO is a leading manufacturing company specializing in sealing products that play a defining role in protecting our customers’ mission-critical equipment. Our fastener seals guarantee you unsurpassable sealing and strength. Originally built for rugged military applications, our sealing fasteners and custom seals are engineered to perform under the most severe environmental conditions. Our products have been carefully crafted to prolong the lifecycle of electromechanical equipment by serving as their first line of defense against a range of threats. They provide full sealing protection against harsh elements such as precipitation, saltwater, dust, humidity and various chemicals. We specialize in NASM 82496, special machine parts, socket cap seal screws, hex head seal bolts, sealing nuts and Titanium screws. ZaGO offers four sealing product lines: machine seal screws, Socket Cap/ Hex Bolt/Seal nuts, Tamperproof/Security seal screws and Titanium screws.
ZaGO’s machine screws are ready-to-use, as they do not require any preparation or clean-up. Our machine screws will continue to exceed your expectations for years on end, as they are reusable and vibration-resistant. Each screw is equipped with a captive “O” ring which is designed to fit various head styles. The “O” ring sealing element acting as a total barrier against external or internal forces such as water, dirt, or air contaminants. In the case of extreme vibration, ZaGO offers self-locking strips, and patches which absorb vibration and protect the integrity of the screw. Build your equipment with our screws, and enjoy superb machine performance for decades.
We offer the following self-sealing Machine Driver Types:
• Phillips Seal Screw: Designed by Henry F. Phillips, the Phillips screw is very popular and found in a variety of sizes. In fact, we recommend using this driver type, since it offers excellent control.
• MilSpec Pan Heads (MS3212 and MS3213): Unparalleled screws that not only meet military but are also offered in a wide range of sizes.
• Slotted Round Seal Screws: The original screw with a single, elongated slot, was developed centuries ago, and can be found nearly everywhere. It can be used with a and requires less downward pressure than recessed screws.
• Combo Seal Screws: The popular Phillips/Slotted combination accepts both standard blade and Phillips screwdrivers. Often used when the screw is expected to be driven in and backed out numerous times.
• Socket Seal Screws (Allen Screw): Socket screws are often used in construction and engineering. You name your specifications, and we’ll deliver your most durable self-sealing socket screws.
• Seal Screws: An aesthetic fastener which requires less downwards pressure when it is being .
Fortify your devices with ZaGO’s self-sealing cap screws and hex bolts. Our bolts and cap screws, like our machine screws, are designed to block in/out fluids, air, and chemical contaminants. Whatever your needs entail, ZaGO’s self-sealing socket cap screws and hex bolts will seal and secure your equipment. ZaGO’s bolts are designed with a unique, malleable “O” ring which is fitted to each type of bolt. The functions as an internal and external seal, fortifying your fastener against any elements by choosing an “O” ring material compatible your application. Our bolts are ready to use with no installation and can be reused for decades under normal conditions. ZaGO offers the following self- sealing socket cap screws and bolts:
• Hex Flange
• Hex Seal Bolts
• Slotted Hex Seal Bolts
• Socket Cap Seal Screws
• Button, Flat and Pan Socket Seal Screw
• Socket Washer Seal Screw
When you’re up against harsh environments, ZaGO’s line of self-sealing nuts guarantees you unsurpassable fastening and sealing power. Each of our sealing nuts has been engineered to feature a full 360 degrees of sealed rubber element, which gives our hardware unsurpassable deterrence against external pressure, vibration and contaminants. Our self-sealing nuts and plugs are ready-to-use and can be installed the same way as their conventional counterparts. They are also and can be used with all surface types. Each one provides sealing power in every direction with metal-to-metal contact. Our collection of Self-sealing nuts includes:
• Heavy Hex Sealing Nuts: Only ZaGO delivers you the most heavy duty, and yet easy-to-use heavy hex sealing nut available on the market. Featuring exclusive ZaGO silicon-sealing technology, the heavy hex sealing nut withstands even the most extreme conditions, never caving under the likes of pressure or contamination. Ensure yourself the highest level of security by building your equipment with ZaGO’s heavy hex sealing nuts.
• High Crown Acorn Nuts: ZaGO’s high crown acorn sealing nuts serve as a total barrier against damaging forces and substances, thus fortifying your equipment where it is most vulnerable. Build your devices with our high crown acorn sealing nuts—which feature a rubber sealing element—and enjoy high-performance equipment.
• Low Crown Acorn Nuts: Military and industry leaders use ZaGO’s low crown acorn sealing nuts to guarantee themselves maximum security. ZaGO’s low crown acorn sealing nuts, which are engineered to feature a rubber inner layer, and safe-keep all your equipment under every circumstance.
• Hex Flange Nuts: ZaGO’s hex flange sealing nuts grant you both superb sealing and extra fastening power by extending a built-in washer under the nut where water pressure, gas pressure, dirt, oil and more pose a risk. The rubber element that we have fixed on the inside of our hex flange nut performs the vital task of sealing your off from any harm.
• Seal Plugs: Built to resist virtually all aggressive chemical compounds and to withstand extreme pressure and temperature, our seal plugs take fastener security to the next level. We designed them to feature the ZaGO “O” ring which, when compressed, forms an airtight seal about the fastener.
ZaGO offers you a variety of drive styles for security/tamper-proof, self-sealing screws. These ultimate screws will provide you with outstanding security against any external/internal contamination from air, water, gas and other materials. These screws are available in a variety of screw materials as well as different “O” ring material options depending on your application. Fortify your tamper-proof fasteners with ZaGO’s powerful “O” ring, which is designed to fit each type of tamper-proof screw. These specially engineered screws block out fluids, air, and chemical while granting you exceptional fastening power and metal-to-metal contact. Our fasteners are ready to use with no installation and can be reused for years. They are compatible with all surface types and act as a total deterrent against external/internal contamination from air, water, gas, and other harsh environments when you use compatible “O” ring materials. The Following Types of Security/Tamper-Proof screws are offered:
• Socket Tamper-proof
• One Way Slotted
Titanium (Ti) is a silver-colored high strength metal. With the highest strength-to-density ratio of any metallic element, titanium is an ideal metal for use in aerospace and military applications. In addition, its high resistance to corrosion also makes Titanium an excellent choice for subsea exploration and other situations where exposure to salt water is a hazard. ZaGO is an acknowledged expert in the fabrication of seal screws from exotic metals and titanium is one of our favorites because of its wide range of utility. Titanium screws are fully resistant to solutions of chlorides, hypochlorites, chlorates, perchlorates and chlorine dioxide. It is an excellent material to prevent seawater corrosion. Because titanium screws can corrosion by seawater up to temperatures as high as 500°F (260°C) as well as survive at ocean depths over a mile below the surface, titanium screws are used throughout the oil & gas, and marine industries. Our collection of titanium screws include:
• Socket Cap screws: The 6 flat surfaces within the recess for high torquing without damaging the head and there are no side clearance restrictions making them the ideal choice for assemblies with close tolerances. Socket cap screws are popular due to their space saving design and superior strength.
• Slotted Pan Screws: The original screw with a single, elongated slot, was developed centuries ago, and can be found nearly everywhere. It can be used with a and requires less downward pressure than recessed screws.
• Hex Bolts: Titanium bolts are best known for being strong, lightweight and corrosion resistant. Titanium bolts are ideal for applications that require both lightness of weight and excellent strength. Hex bolts have hexagonal heads and machine threads for use with a nut or in a tapped hole.
• Hex Nuts: Titanium hex nuts are available in metric or standard sizes and can be manufactured with or without a groove for sealing or non-sealing applications. They are strength but very lightweight.
• Custom Machine Parts: ZaGO can provide custom machine parts made-to-print in titanium material. We offer prototypes for testing and also provide secondary and modification processes.
ZaGO is headquartered in Newark, New Jersey, and has been manufacturing sealing products since 1993. Thanks to our proximity to Newark Airport, the Port of Newark, and most of New Jersey’s major transit routes, we make daily shipments throughout North America, Central America, South America, Europe and Asia. As an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, we proudly manufacture our products in the United States using the highest quality materials. Since all our designing, engineering and manufacturing is done locally, we can rapidly create prototypes, implement adjustments and begin production for our customers. Our dedicated staff works closely with each of our clients to ensure that their every need is met. Beyond our technical prowess and advanced horizontal and vertical CNC machinery, we pride ourselves on the way we handle each customer with meticulous care. Our sales and engineering staff is always available to work side-by-side with our customers, regardless of the size or scope of the project. We keep the lines of communication open at all times and work hard to deliver our customers the most effective, timely, and economic solutions.
ADCPs On Wave Gliders Hold Promise of a New Solution
In 2011, oceanographer Glen Gawarkiewicz sat in the back row at a National Science Foundation (NSF) public hearing about the upcoming installation of a vast and long-term ocean monitoring system, called the Ocean Observatories Initiative Pioneer Array (Pioneer Array). The chosen location, right off the coastal waters of New England, meant the array could interfere with fishing and shipping, and there was concern that the science generated by the array could be used to force fisheries closures. The people whose livelihoods depend on this ocean region were at the hearing and they meant to be heard. “There was a very crowded room in the public library in New Bedford,” recalls Gawarkiewicz, “and there were some contentious moments.” He was sitting next to a woman he hadn’t yet met, and Gawarkiewicz remembers one of them said to the other, “There’s got to be a better way than this.”